Tuesday 11 November 2014

Poem - Rebuked Queen

Hello, dear friends. Yes. I know. I've been silent for far too long. It has become a challenge maintaining a constant flow of creativity. Especially where there are so many creative channels I am involved with. I do apologise. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. This post hereby officially signifies my return to the creative word. I have set myself some challenges and goals for the next few months which should see me producing more words than I have been these last few months... Ok, this year. My return to the word comes with a poem - Rebuked Queen. There are a lot of things happening in this one. Lets have a look at it.

Enough blah blah blah from me. Here is the poem

Rebuked Queen

Spotted by change fluttering by.
Carefree fairy with a wandering eye.
Tear soaked, drenched in darkness.
Her heart broken and directionless.
Sputtering, flickering yet staying lit.
A blazing candle made for her fit.
Disregarded and abused by whim.
Extinguishing breath expelled her bosom.
Fumbling, lost and desperate for hope.
She queries for promise from the entangled rope.
Providence abided by a steady hand.
The brilliance of the ever-orb brought to her land.
Spotted by chance on the floor of night.
Her eyes need open to see the light.

Tell me, what does this one do to you? What do you see, feel, taste? I do wonder what you take away from it. Post a comment, letting me know. This poem has been in my possession for some time, but it didn't see the light of day. Now it's ready for it's waltz in the sun. A friend remarked how the tempo and rhythm reminded her of some Far Easten Poetry. A well spotted observation considering not many pick up this influence in my writing. I have a short something I will be sharing next week. This one came to me in the last few days and needs a little bit more before its ready the light. Yes, I am looking forward to sharing it with you.

Nic. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment